No products in the cart.
Rega Planar 6 & Neo PSU
€1.399,00 €1.156,20 ex. VAT
Available September 2017
All images shown include the Ania MC, sold separately or factory fitted if required.
✅ free shipping*
*subject to location and ordered amount
Products that cost more than €2.000 can only be purchased in our store. You can contact us here, we're happy to answer all your questions.
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8 and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with an ultra lightweight Tan-Cast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry) . This material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high pressure laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin whilst extremely rigid and is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined aluminum sub-platter, a new 24v motor hand tuned and matched to its own NEO power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
The Neo PSU uses the RP10 DSP (digital signal processing) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator will divide the accurate signal from the crystal to the exact frequency required to turn the platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also produce a near perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less than 0.15% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable.
- NEO power supply.
- Super lightweight foam core plinth.
- Plinth laminate: New Polaris HPL (high pressure laminate). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin.
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim.
- Upgrade white drive belt fitted as standard.
- Custom dual layer smoked / clear float glass platter.
- Single piece aluminium sub platter.
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley.
- Patent pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub.
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy.
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight.
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control.
- New smoked dust cover.
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet.
Height 120mm (Dustcover closed)
Dimensions Neo PSU